Friday, August 29, 2014

CARRY ON!!!


So for whatever reason this week has been really hard for me.  I could sit here and list out the reasons, but I've decided against that.  Instead I'm going to share 3 songs that help me rise above it.  They each have a similar message, but each are sung in a different style with different lyrics.

First is Carry On by Fun.
If you want to read the lyrics click here

The whole song is great- but it is one that the chorus does a nice job summing it up:

If you're lost and alone
Or you're sinking like a stone
Carry on
May your past be the sound
Of your feet upon the ground
Carry on



I love this group because of how genuinely talented they are- though the radio does overplay them a bit.  

Second is Carry On by Olivia Holt- 
yea song has the same name, but is pretty different- hers is a lot more country.  Not bad country- but she does sing with a little big of swing in her voice.
This song is sung a lot more like a parent singing to their little one- which makes sense it was used in the movie Bears- so it's hard to just highlight one part that hits me.  



The last is Regina Spektor's 'The Call'
which was used in Prince Caspian
I could go on forever about this song- but I'm not going to today. It may seem out of place here- but it fits in my mind :)



I could link song after song after song- there are so many with the message of just step up and keep going.  

It's late though- I'm probably going to go to bed and see if I can get a few hours of sleep :)

~Nikkie

No comments:

Post a Comment