Monday, August 25, 2014

Summer Review

I kind of feel like the child who goes to their first day of class and is asked to stand and tell what they did that summer.  All the other students have gone before you and told of their awesome adventures. All I have to say

"I read a lot of books and played in the sprinklers in the yard"

That is essentially how I feel about this summer.

"I unpacked, read my kids a lot of books and played in the sprinklers in the yard"

That was the last 4 months of my life.  Well I guess I did plan a baby shower in there as well- but that's not THAT exciting.  (Ah, who am I kidding- it was a lot of fun)

In any case.  I only accomplished one of my goals.  It was an important one though.  You can check out my Looking forward to fall 2014 semester post on my other blog if you want to hear my elaborations on that.  Basically- I can more fully dedicate myself to my art and schooling this semester thanks to what I accomplished over the summer.

Even though I was AWFUL at blogging this summer I still fully intend to make up the missed days over the next four months. Essentially 2 entries a day- 3 on Saturdays and Sundays.  I'm going to keep a little note book with me from now on to jot down anything that comes to mind that I want to expand on.  I've had a lot of thoughts- but haven't been sitting down to type them up.  This goal is lofty- and I went into all of this alot more on the 9th; but it is important to me.  I'm pretty much repeating myself.  But I will be working towards this goal.

I'm kind of holding off until tomorrow night to make any other goals for the next 4 months.  I need to see how much work my classes will be before I make to many crazy goals.

While the house looks a lot better than it did in the pictures I posted at the beginning of the summer- I'm going to wait until Saturday to post my before/after pictures of the apartment.  Mostly because I want to clean it up- right now it's in need of some picking up, frankly I'm not going to try to clean all 6 rooms in the next 45 minutes.  So yea- Saturday you'll get to see the amazing difference.  My only regret- I wish I'd taken more before pictures.  At the beginning of the summer I genuinely thought I'd only be cleaning and rearranging 2 rooms.  As I got working I kept finding more and more boxes stashed in every room.  So the whole apartment has been re-arranged dramatically (and for the better) this summer.  It has been a lot of work- but totally worth it.

Well; I need to go do something besides babble-type.

~Nikkie

No comments:

Post a Comment