Thursday, July 3, 2014

Day 1 Inspirational Animated Shorts: Ryan Woodward

Today I spent some time collecting various short animated pieces by artists that I admire.  I've never been interested in being an animator myself- my focus in art is more along the lines of epic fantasy art, concept art, comic books and children's books.  Frankly the only reason that I've never wanted to do animation is because of how repetitive the drawing is.  Though- someday when my skill have improved I may try my hand at animating a music video like one of these.  
I've decided to share one video and one artist a day for the next week.  I hope you enjoy!! 

First is 'Thought of You' by Ryan Woodward.  

Ryan Woodward is just an amazing artist- you can check out more of his work here: http://conteanimated.com/ and here: http://ryanwoodwardart.com/. He has a couple of animated shorts and an ipad app- it is all just so beautiful.  I have been studying his work and hope to one day be able to draw gestures with as much life as he does.  


~Nikkie

No comments:

Post a Comment