Tuesday, July 1, 2014

July 1st- and yes- I'm still unpacking

Though my zeal and excitement for unpacking has waned.  I honestly don't have that much left- but am sorta burned out after being so busy for the past 6 weeks.

Yesterday I sat down and 'virtually' rearranged my home- trying to figure out the best way to situate the last 2 rooms.  My office and the 'master' bedroom/husband's office.  After doing a bunch of measuring and rearranging I finally came up with a configuration that would make both rooms work a TON better than they have been.  I should mention I've been a bit sick the past 2 days... So sitting around and theorizing how to rearrange furniture seemed about the most that I could do.  Then last night at about 11:45 I decided, might as well start re-arranging furniture for real! (yea I'm a genius that late at night) I moved my desks in my office and then it was 2 am and I decided I needed sleep.

Then I got up this morning and went to initiate the next part of my plan: moving my dresser from my bedroom to my office.

I don't know how many of you have seen it- but there is this movie that Disney did a few years back called 'Meet the Robinsons' it's a silly movie- but surprisingly funny.  I totally recommend watching it with your kids sometime.   Well the evil master mind is... not much of a master mind and he is constantly making mistakes.

I got my dresser to about here:
this is the door way to my office-
this is my dresser taking up that entire space
view from the middle of the room towards the door
 I wish I could've gotten a picture from the other side of the door.  BUT I'D TRAPPED MYSELF IN MY OFFICE.  

This is the view from the door into the room.  I'm sure you can see the problem...

At this point this is what is going through my head (from the movie I previously mentioned):


This is from my desk to the corner where my dresser was going:


Yea; not my most well thought through plan... To make matters worse... MY 2 YEAR OLD AND 4 YEAR OLD WERE ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE DOOR.  Luckily they were quietly watching TV, even more fortunately I was able to get a hold of their aunt (who lives above us) and she came down to keep an eye on them while I struggled with the dresser.

She actually helped me get the dresser into the room (we through a towel down on my desk and slid it across and then teeter-tottered it down to the floor- after moving a ton of boxes that were in the way of course.

More pictures of my adventure:
dresser nearly to my desk



another view of it near my desk... yea- not a lot of room there

now it's in my office- like magic!!

then I heard a little voice from the doorway

oh hi Avi

yes- you're beautiful... I'll be out soon

desk standing up right in the middle of my office

and then- it was against the wall where I wanted it to be

This is a silly thing to share- but it is what I did with my day.  Frankly I found the whole event pretty funny.  I should finish putting everything away tonight and tomorrow should actually put up some pictures of my office in a clean and put away state.  

~Nikkie

No comments:

Post a Comment