Sunday, March 9, 2014

Spring Break Progress

a scene from one of my favorite movies ever-
Howl's Moving Castle.  This is Sofi cleaning house
Normally I try not to do housecleaning on Sundays; but today I decided that I only have 8 more days of vacation and about 15 days worth of stuff to do- SO I did some cleaning today.  We bought some bed risers yesterday for our bed- and today I put the bed on them.  It was a lot bigger of a job than I thought it would be- but often that seems to be the case.  After that my husband helped me sort all the stuff in the room.  We ended up with about 3 bags of trash plus a bunch of cardboard for recycling.  What remained was one laundry basket worth of household stuff and a heap of laundry that took up most of the room outside our bathroom and came up to my stomach.  So we're washing all of it- and as it comes out of the washing machine it is being sorted into the regular piles (towels, me, husband, son and daughter) and an extra pile for donation.  HOPEFULLY by tomorrow afternoon we'll be done and our room will work better.
I should have taken 'before' pictures- but I might still post after pictures to show some of the organization solutions we came up with for our room.
I know this post is a little lame- but I've been cleaning all day so I didn't have a lot of time to write up a really good post.  (This is something I am trying to find time for- as part of the reason for this blog is to help me find my writing skills again)

Night all
~Nikkie

No comments:

Post a Comment