Saturday, January 3, 2015

2015 Goals

This was hard for me- not that goals are hard for me to write; I have about 4 journal pages full of goals for this year split by what category of life they fall into and further subdivided into smaller goals so that I can create monthly/weekly/daily goals... I'm still going to do my best on those- but I wanted to set 5 main goals for myself for the new year- and I had a hard time deciding on how to do this.  After much thought- here is what I came up with.

#1 Not to lose Weight.
I'm not saying that I don't want to lose weight this year- but that I don't want to focus on losing weight this year.  Instead I'm going to work on general fitness, making sure I get at least 120 minutes of exercise in per week and watching the amount that eat at each meal.  My rule for food this year is this: I'm only eating when I'm actually hungry and the amount I eat at one time can be no bigger than my fist.  Sounds redundant- but honestly how often have you sat down to a meal to eat because it was time to eat; but you weren't actually hungry... you were just eating 'cause it was lunch or dinner or whatever.  Hopefully it isn't a common issue- but it is a problem for me.

#2 Be more confident in my art
I'm going to post more on this on my art blog- but a few bullet points on this.  I'm going to post my art more on my facebook page and instagram.  I'm also doing my big Birthday project- I've posted a link to the form on both my facebook page and my personal timeline- but here it is again if you haven't seen it yet.  Even if I don't personally know you- if you want me to send you a 5x7 piece of art for your birthday, feel free to fill it out.  You don't have to give me your address- unless you want a copy of the art- just post that you found the link through my blog and I'll post a drawing here on your birthday :D

#3 Be more positive
I'm going to stop dwelling on the negative things around me- be it circumstance or the way someone treated me; I'm done being gloomy because of outside forces.  So I'm going to do my best to be a positive light in the world.

#4 Keep up on chores
truth be told- I'm still cleaning up from my insane semester this past fall.  It'll probably take me a few weeks more to fully recover from that.  However as I get things cleaner in each room I'm going to do my absolute best to maintain what I have cleaned.  I know that my whole little family is happier when the home is cleaner- so I'm making that a priority this year.

#5 Develop Hobbies outside of Art
I've decided to start playing my clarinet again- 30 minutes daily, also the piano- the second mostly so I can start teaching my kids to play.  I'm also going to start sewing and cross-stitching again.  :D

So those are my 5 goals.  They are big goals- and I should probably simplify them down a bit more; but I think I'm going to leave them where they are for now.

~Nikkie

No comments:

Post a Comment